Careers at Kothes
Want to join the largest chartered accounting firm in the Bega Valley and Sapphire Coast?
Kothes Accounting Group has seven offices, six directors and around 40 staff. Our clients are leaders in their industries and value the contribution we make to their success. We use the latest technology and innovations in our business and are at the forefront of our industry. Our competitive edge is based on our strong focus on people, relationships, service and professional advice.
Accountant [job reference:001]
Kothes Accounting Group are looking for a professional staff member who is motivated, proficient and committed to join their accounting team in Merimbula.
Kothes employees will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good oral and written communication skills with a good knowledge of the Microsoft Suite package in particular Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel.
- A strong interest in Finance and Accounting fields with a qualification relevant to this, or near-qualification.
- Proactive approach to teamwork, with an ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- The capacity to learn and adapt to workplace changes with strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated behaviours that are consistent with the Kothes Accounting Group Values of integrity, commitment, professionalism and accountability.
Experience in an accounting field will be highly regarded for this position. Hours are flexible, with a strong value within the firm on flexible working. Salary will be negotiable, dependent on qualification and experience of the candidate. For further information contact email@example.com.
Finance & Operations Officer [job reference:002]
We are looking for the right candidate to join our team as a Finance & Operations Officer in a permanent part time capacity in Bega. This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive and harmonious team, reporting to the Practice Manager and providing a broad range of services to the Partners and professional staff at Kothes Accounting Group. The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Project manage a number of finance and operational tasks and new initiatives
- Develop and drive process improvement opportunities within office administration and support roll out in client teams
- Assisting the broader practice management team with accounting, associated reporting and other activities as required
- General and ad hoc administrative functions
Qualities we are looking for include:
- Experience in a bookkeeping role and strong admin skills
- Experience with MYOB and Xero is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach with a focus on teamwork
- Excellent excel and report building skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Demonstrated behaviours that are consistent with Kothes values: integrity, professionalism, accountability, commitment.
Hours are flexible, with a strong value within the firm on flexible working. Salary will be negotiable, dependent on qualification and experience of the candidate. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application process for job vacancies
Please submit your resume and covering letter, referencing the job number to: email@example.com.
The Far South Coast of NSW is located 6.5 hours by car from Sydney, 5 hours from Wollongong and 3 hours from Canberra. You must be willing to relocate for these positions. Candidates applying for this role must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for these positions is Tuesday 18 May 2021.