If you are looking for a chartered accountant with an intimate knowledge of Australian tax law, Kothes Accounting Group director Gary Pearce, who works in the Bega and Bermagui offices, is a great place to start.
Previously an auditor with the Australian Tax Office, Gary joined Kothes in 1989 and became a director in 1992. He enjoys being on the public side of tax a lot more than on the tax side of tax, and says keeping up with changes is one of the most important aspects of the service to Kothes clients.
It’s really important for your accountant to have an intimate knowledge of Australian Federal and State tax laws so you can be assured of receiving the most current and up to date tax and accounting advice. I’m proud to be part of a group of chartered accountants who are dedicated to being at the forefront of tax planning and business advice, it’s just so important.
Skills and experience
- Registered tax agent
- Associate – Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Economics in Accounting
- Justice of the Peace (NSW)
Business principals he follows
- Good advice comes not only from knowing the law, but more importantly from knowing your client and their business – know the law, but know your client and their business better
- Trust is the key to a successful business relationship
- Timely advice is good advice
Having grown up in the small rural Victorian community of Birchip, Kothes Accounting Group Bega office director Gary Pearce has his roots firmly entrenched in rural Australia. He is an outdoor person, and spends most of his spare time in the bush with his family through their involvement with Scouts Australia NSW.